What do you find most fascinating about cats?

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Not your cats, but cats in general. What do you find most fascinating about them? Let it be physical, general personality.. anything!

I love the whiskers.. They're so long, I love how they jut forward when they're playing, giving their little mouths a scrunch. How they give them 'eyebrows' too.. I guess I am fascinated because I grew up with dogs and they have such short, seemingly useless whiskers.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love that they can tell you that they love you from across the room. 
 I will be doing something and look up and my sweet baby Sophie will be staring at me and then I get a few slow blinks which I happily return. Henry has started doing that too in the last week. He's been with me for 3 months now so that's very special. Lilith has always been very eager to demonstrate her affection. Sophie took a lot longer and Henry, well, he's a unique case. He was not socialized at the shelter so he's going to be a work in progress for years to come but he's an angel and I adore him, too. The people at the Humane Society were shocked when I took Sophie because they determined she was "unfriendly" after having her 2 whole weeks. 
  She's a sweetheart. DD and I couldn't love her more. 

mingking

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love that they can tell you that they love you from across the room. :love:  I will be doing something and look up and my sweet baby Sophie will be staring at me and then I get a few slow blinks which I happily return. Henry has started doing that too in the last week. He's been with me for 3 months now so that's very special. Lilith has always been very eager to demonstrate her affection. Sophie took a lot longer and Henry, well, he's a unique case. He was not socialized at the shelter so he's going to be a work in progress for years to come but he's an angel and I adore him, too. The people at the Humane Society were shocked when I took Sophie because they determined she was "unfriendly" after having her 2 whole weeks. :rolleyes2   She's a sweetheart. DD and I couldn't love her more. 
That's incredible! And that's why I love cats too. You hear all these misconceptions about cats - how they're mean and how they bite and scream at you. But when you actually push away these stereotypes, cats turn out to be so incredibly loving and wonderful!

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of the things about cats is that they seem to be like humans --- nobody tells them what to do and they do what they want, when they want. Of course I love everything else about them too. I love to watch the way they bathe themselves. It's such an intricate procedure.

mteche88

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I love that a cat can so chilled and relaxed cuddle up on the couch and a second later in full on attack mode after that house fly.