skrakablam

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Animal Control called a cat with similar coloring a brown tabby. I never had heard of that before. The cat in question was more grey than brown.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
She is a very pretty torbie.  A torbie is like a tortoiseshell with tabby stripes in the dark colors.  Here are some previous threads on the subject.    Torbies are pretty wonderful - Chula seen in my avatar is a torbie.
[thread="298937"]Torbie  [/thread][thread="290603"]Torbie Vs Tortie  [/thread][thread="212105"]Tortie Torbie Calico  [/thread]

swamplady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She has at least 3 colors. Torbie is a tri-color cat that looks like a Tabby. Down here in Cajun Country they call them calico tabbies. The proper is Torbie.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She has at least 3 colors. Torbie is a tri-color cat that looks like a Tabby. Down here in Cajun Country they call them calico tabbies. The proper is Torbie.
While this cat does have a little white, torbies/torties don't need to have any white. Just the dark color and red color. I've known many torties and torbies with no white :).

swamplady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I did not know that. Down here we have many tri color cats and some vets call them torbies. I had one.