What do members collect?

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I collect, coins, Eeyore stuff, cat stuff and unicorns. My boyfriend says it is easy to shop for me, because I am interested in just about everything!:tounge2:

rene

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I collect cat statues - the brightly painted wooden ones as well as ceramic - my whole living room is cat - all the books in the living room have something to do with cats, candle holders, etc - all cats. I also collect the cat and the bear beanie babies - Michele and I still love the bears. I also like collecting first place rosettes at cat shows - my house has wire strung in the rooms with rosettes hanging everywhere.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aristocat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Rene I also collect cat books,also guinea pig books,I can,t read enough about my pets and this lovely cat site is full of information on cats

Jugen I have a collection of sixpences,I used to love that little coin as a child.
I love hearing about what you all collect,I think I need an extention for my wildlife collection.

Jackie

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aristocat,
I think I have some English coins in my collection.I have 4 pound pieces,2 twenty pences, 1 ten pence,1 two pence, 1 one pence and 1 five pence. I have money from the US, Malaisia, Netherlands, Mexico, China,Italy,Russia, The Bahamas,(that one was strange to find),Canada,France,Panama,Hong Kong,Checklosivia,Dutch,Polish,Cuba, and I have some I can't identify
. I also have silver certificates,money from the civil war,money with red writing on it(where the green usually is) and with brown writing on it. If anyone knows anything about currency, Please feel free to email me or PM me!
(I am always on the lookout for more and different coins!)

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jackie!!!!!! What a great thread! Thanks for starting it!!!
Dan, your wife and I would get along GREAT because my house is also filled with Boyd's Bears!!! Mostly figurines, I have been collecting the resin figurines since they came out, back in 93, so I have tons of them!!!!! I just recently started collecting the Boyd's plush bears, but I only have 16 of them, as I just started a couple years ago on them.....I have close to 100 of the Resin figurines.
Before that, I collected Cherished Teddies, so I have alot of those too! But once I saw the Boyd's Bears...that was ALL I wanted!!

Val, I was getting ready to tell Cleo about the Boyd's angel cats, but you beat me to it!
My friend collects cat figurines, both the cherished kitties, and Boyds cats, and I bought her one of the angel cats for her b-day!
Cleo....you will have to check it out...I will see if I can find a picture of one of them to post here.

For anyone who wants to see what a Boyd's Bear looks like....here is a link that shows one of the many resin figurines that I own...it is one of my favorites, and one of the newer ones!

http://www.boydsstuff.com/itempage/i....cfm?IN=227749

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cleo!!!! I found a picture of the Boyd's Angel cat that I gave my friend....this is just one of many cats they have, and they also have several other angel cats, not to mention they also have a whole line of angels!!

Here is the link that shows the picture of the one I gave my friend, the picture doesn't do it justice, it realy is alot cuter than it looks...

http://www.boydsstuff.com/itempage/i....cfm?IN=371004

For all you cat collectors...(resin ones I mean, not real ones...:laughing: here is the link for the whole Boyd's cat collection.... There are several pages of the cats, but it starts out with the christmas orinaments. I think there is an angel ornimant also!

http://www.boydsstuff.com/categorypa...&startnumber=1

Here is the link for the Boyd's angels, cleo....(can you tell I am just Boyd's crazy????????

http://www.boydsstuff.com/categorypa...fm?CC=CHARMING

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, I also forgot to mention....I collect anything with hearts on it, for my kitchen!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aristocat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Debby,the cuddly teddy bears are so cute,they make me want to start collecting them
.I can see why Cleo likes the angels,their beautiful.

My two daughters have a few cherished teddies,I,ll have to start collecting more for them,they are so sweet.

Barb, I,m sorry I can,t help you out with currency,apart from my sixpences which went out of circulation in the early 70s,my only other coins are one cent,and 2 dimes.Have you tried to find a web-site on old coins,maybe there's some information that would be useful to you.

Jackie