What could I be?

leana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I adoped a kitten from a rescue and im not sure what breed she is, i have a hunch on what she could be mixed with but i would like some help from you guys, thanks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know a lot about cats, my mom breed seal points himalayans, and I know she is classafied as a DSH, calico, but i think she could be something else.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
 a DSH, calico, but i think she could be something else.
Yes, definitely a domestic short hair, "tortoiseshell with white" - some may call it for calico.

She cant be else as this is what she is. Unless someone notice some tabby pattern in her, in that case the pattern will be called for "torbie with white" instead.

A sweet beauty. 

Good luck!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Could you post some pictures that show more of her body? From what I can see it looks like she may be a patched tabby (or torbie) with white. It's hard to tell from the pictures how light or dark she is. If she's gray and cream colored she would be a blue patched tabby and white. If she's darker, it would be brown patched tabby and white.

Those are color descriptions. Her "breed" is Domestic Short Hair or DSH. I don't see any specific characteristics that make her a lookalike for any registered breed.

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 Agree with Goldycat. 

To me she does look like Blue Torbie and White   also called  Blue Patched Tabby and White.

I'm not seeing a strong breed - lookalike thing going on either.   

It is funny how the color is so different in the two photos. 

Are her eyes really as almost copper as they look in that second photo or is that just a trick of the light? 

Actually the 2 angles make the head shape look quite different too. 

I could almost say kinda-sorta American Shorthair lookalike in the 2nd  but in the 1st I can see her head shape is not like theirs.