What colour is my kitten?

dillydolly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm still trying to figure out what colour my kitten is. I pick her up next week so the only photos I have are ones that her current home have sent me.

I can't decide whether or not it's just the light, or she does actually have slight gingery patches. I'm assuming it will be easier to tell when she's a bit older but wondered if any of you guys could give me your opinions.

She's the kitten on the left in the last

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is beautiful! I would call her a silver tabby, but her color sure could change a little in the coming months. She is very pretty, congratulations!

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
That little beauty is a blue classic tabby. Blue means grey in the cat world. The ginger/red patches are called apricot and they are her tabby markings of her tabby pattern and this means she is going to be what is known as a warm shade/colour of blue.

Blue tabby coloured cats can be any shade of blue from a light powder puff shade of blue with apricot tabby markings - this is a warm shade/colour. To dark steel shade of blue with almost white tabby markings - this is a called a colder shade/colour.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dillydolly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ah okay that makes sense about the gingery patches.

The first time I went to see her she was only about 4 weeks old so she was just a little grey ball of fluff! But her markings are starting to come through a lot more now. Can't wait to see what she looks like fully grown :D