What breed of cat is this?

brittanymarie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was given this cat from a girl that said it was an egyptian mau. She said she couldn't handle it's meowing and neediness all the time. I am just wondering if it really is an egyptian mau or what breed of cat this looks like.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to TCS :wavey:

Do you know where the girl got the cat? Did she give you any papers? Without registration papers the cat is considered a domestic shorthair. Possibly a Mau look-a-like.

The spotted pattern is certainly typical of the Egyptian Mau. Do you have any pictures of his/her face? What color are the eyes? Maus have a very distinctive shape to their head and ears and always have green eyes.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
 She said she couldn't handle it's meowing and neediness all the time.
Is he still an intact tom?  It will be easier when he is a harmonious neuter.   :)

If not, a company of a cat friend whom he can play with, will surely help some.  Such is common with lively breeds.

He may be a EM look alike, but without papers or at least, good proofs, you cant never count him for more than a pretty domestic shorthair...

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brittanymarie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, he is neutered of course. I was told that he came from a home that had a dog and they got along well. It seems like a perfect solution, but I am just not sure if my apartment is enough room for two cats to share. What is a good estimated amount of space that a cat needs to themselves?

katocats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Take a look at my avatar this is our two Mau girls he does look Mau-ish