What breed is this ?!

stefo007

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello Guys!

My first thread :)

Nice to meet you all!

Would you please tell me if this is a specific breed. The ears and the eyes are not like the "common" domestic cat.

I have not met their mother, so I can't really know for sure.

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Regards,

Simon

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are very young kittens, that's why their eyes and ears are like that. They'll get more "normal" as they get older. They're most likely domestic shorthairs, no breed. Very cute babies! Are you thinking of getting one?

bigperm20

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you haven't already brought them home. They are way too young to be away from mom. If not please let them stay with Mom until 12 weeks (10 at the very least).

Beautiful kittens.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree with these above!

The breed is surely domestic "moggie".  The pattern, as I can see from the photo, is sometimes called for the Van pattern, after the Turkish Van cats. Which breed is rare outside Turkey, but the pattern as such is not that unusual in our moggies.

Good luck!

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you haven't already brought them home. They are way too young to be away from mom. If not please let them stay with Mom until 12 weeks (10 at the very least).

Beautiful kittens. 
Very young, yes. Sometimes people will basically dump young kittens on you, make you take them early. Or they're orphaned, or they're from a shelter and the person who put them in the shelter didn't bring the mom with them. Ideal is 10-12 weeks, but you can't always have that.

But at least they're not newborns. They will probably still want KMR (kitten milk replacement) and they should stay in a small, safe place. I think they are probably ready to start solid food, but they'll still be at the stage where they're getting more of it all over themselves than in their bellies. They might be able to lap kitten milk from a bowl, though, meaning you wouldn't have to actually bottle feed. And they are together, too--they have each other to interact with. That helps because it will teach them to play nicely together. Kittens who grow up without littermates often don't learn what "play nice" means. It's not as good as actually having their mom cat around to show them the ropes, but it's still a good deal better than growing up alone.