What Breed is this Cat?

keove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We've just recently found this abandoned cat and we're trying to figure out what breed she is. I know that you can't say for sure but we at least need a few opinions. (maybe some comparisons would help. we're going to take her to a vet soon so we might find out then but I'd still like to hear (: ) She's just plain chocolate brown and white and none of my friends have seen a cat that color before. I'm just hoping we could have some insight.

First, how she acts.

She's very much like a dog. She doesn't mind being rubbed on the stomach or picked up. And she mostly just asks for attention. I tried string and she showed very little interest in it. (Maybe she was just tired tho, but thought it was worth mentioning). She's very vocal and her mew isn't soft, at all.

Looks:

Any insight would be very helpful thank you

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Veryvery few cats have been selectively bred into what we call breeds. Most cats breed freely with no human intervention. So this means that the vast majority of cats (95% +) have no breed ancestry at all, not even mixed. We call them domestic shorthairs (or longhairs, as the case may be). She's very pretty, and solid chocolate is a very rare color, though I can't really tell if she's true chocolate or a rusting black. I can't think of any breeds that are chocolate and white anyway.

Enjoy your one-of-a-kind kitty, all cats are perfect and unique!

lovingmycats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
kind of reminds me of a tuxedo but she can also just be an adorable DM short hair :)