What Breed Is She?

lisameowoy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello, I have a hard time figuring what breed my cat is. I believe she’s possibly mixed with something but I don’t think she’s a regular short haired tabby! She acts like a dog and meows constantly and looooves to play. Her fur coat starts white/beige at the skin and is darker at the top. She is 10 months old and she’s getting pretty long, longer than my calico cat who is 3. As well, her eyes are yellowish but they have green around the pupils. Any help would be appreciated!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's adorable! I would describe her as a brown mackerel tabby and white domestic shorthair. It's normal for mackerel tabbies to have some of their stripes broken up into spots, and it's normal to have spots on the belly. Brown mackerel tabby with some broken stripes is the "wild type," which means it was probably the original color of the domestic cat, before other coat color mutations began to appear. Most cats are simply domestic cats and do not have specific breed ancestry.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She is gorgeous! I would describe her as a brown broken mackerel tabby (that means she has interrupted stripes) and white Domestic Shorthair. Domestic Shorthairs are the landrace cat breed, meaning that they are the natural cat. If you’re curious, you could have her DNA tested, which will show you if she has genetic similarities to a particular breed of cat.