What Breed Is She?

BensonG24

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

The previous owner doesn't know her breed since she didn't desex her cat ._. and the cat got out... so yeah I kinda just want to know what breed she is closest to or could be haha thanks. She's 7 weeks old atm, she has multiple colours as you can see and her paws are black. Her stripes are dark brown leaning towards black and her belly is similarly coloured to her face thanks.

Last edited:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She looks like a domestic short hair, brown tabby, to me. I don't see any characteristics that would indicate a specific defined breed in her heritage. Some traits though may be later to develop so maybe try again when she is an adult.

At this point though she fits in with 95% of the modern cats being of undetermined/mixed heritage/cats in general. Cats, unlike dogs, are rarely able to be defined as a specific breed without documentation. Too many characteristics of specific breeds are found in the general population without link to specific breeds. Most identified breeds are based off of the general domestic cats who have specific coloring or characteristics that were selectively breed for or even naturally occurring within a defined region but are not limited to those breeds. You can end up with very good lookalikes to specific breeds without any actual connection to that breed very easily. My girl is an example of this being a bicolor pointed who at a glance is a Snowshoe Siamese lookalike. However, she is from a feral colony with a long heritage of grey tabbies in her family line. Just a lucky mix of genetics and play on color.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, a very nice brown classic (aka bullseye or marbled) tabby Domestic Shorthair