What Breed is My Little Kitten Please

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very few cats have been selectively bred into what we call breeds. Most cats just breed freely without any humans involved. So most cats (95% +) don't have any breed background at all, not even a mix. So unless he's registered from a respectable breeder, he's a domestic shorthair, which is what we call cats with no breed (or domestic longhair, depending :tongue2:). He (or she?) is adorable!

melesine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
awwwww so adorable! I can't tell if it's a blue or silver tabby from the pics.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Do you have a new kitten?  I saw your lovely little Domestic black and white kitty on another post.

This one is a Domestic Silver Tabby by the look... Very cute!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adnan al kary

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey ..Oreo died :( he was sick and really young i could not do anything !

And the stupid guy who owns the pet shop he just want to sell and get money

and i got Silver last week ,he's very playful and i cant know the kind .

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you got Oreo from the pet store, he may already have been sick. Even Silver looks a little young to be away from his mommy. He is a tabby (maybe a long hair, you'll be able to tell as he gets older). Has he been to the vet's yet? You should probably get him an appointment, just to be on the safe side.

Oreo's story is why adopting from a shelter is usually better than buying at a pet store. I am sorry he died.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adnan al kary

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you ...

Well the thing is in Lebanon you cant find a good pet shop , They all just want to sell .

I really dont know what's Silver's age , The guy told me its about 2 month but i doubt it .

these are some new pictures.

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Two months old - that would be eight weeks and he looks about six weeks to me. WAY too young to be taken away from mommy. While he can eat on his own, he hasn't learned important lessons about how to be a cat, which you will have to teach him. For instance, he may need to be taught how not to play rough- he may use his claws and teeth inappropriately. His mom and siblings would teach him that during playtime.

He's adorable. Good luck with him!