What Breed is my kitten?

calicocutie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is my adorable adopted Xena. She is 3 months old and I have had her just over a week. I know she is a Domestic Shorthair mix - I was wondering if she has any identifying features that may speculate on what breeds she is crossed with. Also her fur?? Calico or Tortoiseshell-and-white?? Or is the difference semantics?

thesighrye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
BEAUTIFUL!!! That's what breed! 

My money is on Calico. But there could very well be a mixture of something else as well. I'm sure someone with a similar looking cat will chime in 

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Now that is one beautiful girl :rbheart:

She would be classed as a calico - her patches of red and black are very distinct from each other.

Read this link that explains (with pictures too) the difference between calico's and torties.

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/282107/calico-coloring

She is most likely a pure domestic short hair. Most of the cat population are beautiful domestics Only a small percentage of the population are pedigree breeds or mixes of pedigree breeds. You see domestics were here long before pedigree breeds came about Pedigree breeds actually came from selective breeding of domestics not the other way round.