What Breed Is My Calico? What Fur Type Is My Kitten?

TypicalKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a long haired calico that I rescued from the streets. She was only a teeny kitten. Now she's 5. And I have just rescued a tuxedo kitten from the streets. She is about 6wk 5days. She looks like she may have long hair but you never know! Also, what breed could she be? My calico is named Ivy and nami is the tux!

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Your calico would actually be called a tortie in coloring, because she has black and red mottled together, uninterrupted. The breed would be Domestic Longhair. If she's larger than average size (so for a female, I'd say 13+ lbs), then we might consider some giant breed influence (possibly Norwegian Forest Cat, she seems to have a triangular face and muzzle "pinch"). Your little tuxedo I'm guessing will end up as a shorthair (I think the longer hairs are just kitten fluff), so he will be called a black and white bicolor (in the tuxedo pattern) Domestic Shorthair. Both are very elegant kitties! What are their names?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TypicalKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My calico is Ivy and my tux is Nami. Ivy is actually small. She weighs 7-8lbs. I wish nami would be long haired. But either way I'll love her!! Thank you For responding.