What breed is my black & white cat?

raejae42

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'll upload more pictures if needed. He's such a wiggle worm. He's about 6 months old in this picture and weighs close to 8 lbs. What breed of kitty do you guys think he is? And are male cats usually this big? I've only ever had females and they're a max of 10 lbs full grown but fat (they're really good mousers).

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think he is a domestic medium hair, DMH, color and pattern of black tuxedo...  Yes, boys are often bigger than girls, both with humans and with cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

raejae42

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think he is a domestic medium hair, DMH, color and pattern of black tuxedo...  Yes, boys are often bigger than girls, both with humans and with cats.
Thanks for the condescension in that last part. I do realize males are generally bigger than females but I didn't realize how much bigger he'd be since I've never been around male cats.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thanks for the condescension in that last part. I do realize males are generally bigger than females but I didn't realize how much bigger he'd be since I've never been around male cats.
Now, the comparison is true here again.  Males do vary in size, exactly as human males do.  The only we know, in average they are bigger than the females.   :)

Im fond of making comparisons with humans, because it often gives an immediate understanding.  but its not so little treacherous - in some situations there are big differences.  For example, pregnancies and complications with pregnancies.  With cats its the other way around: a little too long preg is seldom problematic but too early deliveries are ALWAYS dangerous for the kittens (and their caretakers.....)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I need to know the breed of this cat??? I want it[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️
Its almost surely a persian of some sort.  Possibly even a non Show quality - purebred modern persian.   Very striking features here!