What Breed Is My Beautiful Cat?!

b3th4nrose

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
View media item 255272

My cat is a Male, he is bigger than normal cats (weighs 13.2 pounds / 6 kg) and we think he is about 5 years old. We don't know his breed as he is a stray cat

He is very affectionate and playful and greedy when it comes to food, he likes hunting and bringing presents; in the summer sometimes up to 3 a day!

He will let anyone pick him up and cuddle him and he doesn't mind children at all, and at nighttime he likes to sit with you rather than be in his basket on his own.

He loves exploring the house and hiding!

View media item 255273
View media item 255274
View media item 255275
View media item 255277

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am far from an expert since I do Persians, but he makes me  think of Maine Coon being in the lineage. What type of coat does he have? Here is a quote from the CFA website about Maine Coons: " The Maine Coon of today is known for a sturdy, rugged appearance, which includes an uneven, shaggy coat of three distinct lengths and a long, well furnished tail." His size isn't as large as the Maine Coons I see in the show hall, but those cats are extreme. Whatever he is, he is a handsome fellow!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

I am far from an expert since I do Persians, but he makes me  think of Maine Coon being in the lineage. What type of coat does he have? Here is a quote from the CFA website about Maine Coons: " The Maine Coon of today is known for a sturdy, rugged appearance, which includes an uneven, shaggy coat of three distinct lengths and a long, well furnished tail." His size isn't as large as the Maine Coons I see in the show hall, but those cats are extreme. Whatever he is, he is a handsome fellow!
I agree with PosiePurrs, he seems to be a Maine Coon look alike. Possibly a Siberian, but Maine Coon is much more probable....

Good luck!

@PosiePurrs, may I ask you, where does this Posie comes from?

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stefanz,

My cattery is named Posiepurrs. Named after my two passions - Purrs, obviously for the cats and the Posie comes from my interest in gardening and flowers. I am a certified Master Gardener and a florist by trade.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Stefanz,

My cattery is named Posiepurrs. Named after my two passions - Purrs, obviously for the cats and the Posie comes from my interest in gardening and flowers. I am a certified Master Gardener and a florist by trade.
right, but what does "posie" means?   :)

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow , your cat is awesome . He is so handsome . How fortunate for you that he wandered into your life .. He sounds like a wonderful cat ..

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful cat you have! I would also suspect him to have some Maine Coon in his lines (Not a fullbred) looking at his facial and overal body shape.

Congratulations on having such a sweet, beautiful and lovely cat. Give him a hug from me!