What breed is my 13 week kitten?

jast

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Here are 3 pics that I could get. He constantly follows me everywhere. First few days he would sit on my lap and still jumps on my lap to sit. He screams and talks a ton. His paws are black and his entire fur is black coat. Its pretty silky soft too. Its just staticy because of some reason.  In the second pic he is blinking so his eyes do look a bit smaller but they round. 

I was thinking maybe bombay but I am unsure. The adoptions papers say short hair domestic but i was looking for specifics. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jast

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Do I have a almost all bombay cat? It says domestic short hair

He is approaching 9 months. He looks mostly like a bombay(coat is silky smooth, shiny) except a few random white hairs on his body. Not even noticeable. The only thing is he is over 12 lbs which bombays are suppose to stop growing at 11. I think he may be mostly bombay because he definitely inherited his intelligence. He has like 30 words for different things. Not even kidding. All my roommate asy he tries communicating with different words. He also is toilet trained and mastered that super quickly. Same with leash trained and tons of other tricks. What do you think? 

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
@Jast I've combined this post with your original one, but once again, you will need to embed the photo.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Here are 3 pics that I could get. He constantly follows me everywhere. First few days he would sit on my lap and still jumps on my lap to sit. He screams and talks a ton. His paws are black and his entire fur is black coat. Its pretty silky soft too. Its just staticy because of some reason.  In the second pic he is blinking so his eyes do look a bit smaller but they round. 

I was thinking maybe bombay but I am unsure. The adoptions papers say short hair domestic but i was looking for specifics. 

Many blacks do are alike a Bombay.   But Bombay is a rare breed, so hardly any of them is a Bombay for real, whom got astray.

Really, it dawned on me the other day,  WHY did the bother to construct that breed Bombay - black panther, bah!

What they really are look alike is so many of beautiful black domestics!   So why bother to repeat what Mother Nature had already done?

I suppose, because they could.   Also, a purebred cat will repeat himself, all children will be too Bombays.   But with a mixed up domestic, you never know for sure.

Anyways,  we do want to see some good pics of your new nice kitten, we are dying for it!   :)

Edit.  A little grammar mistake giving wrong impression.  :(

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

jast

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
fixed the pic issue!