What breed is he?

fluffykitty615

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got my kitty from a shelter. When he was a kitten, he almost looked like a shorthair, but he had long fur on his tummy. As he grew, we couldn't decide it he was a longhair. We had a longhair before but our current kitty's fur isn't as long. We sort of guess he was a medium. But in this case, we'll just say he's a DLH. He's a brown tabby with some white in various places. He also has a black stripe going down his spine. He likes to follow me around everywhere and wait for us by the door when we come home. We guessed this was because he used to be in a foster home that had a dog and he must've mirrored the actions of the dog. Other than that, he's playful, but he doesn't purr much and doesn't cuddle. Can anyone tell me what breed he is?

Last edited by a moderator:

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Breed: domestic Medium hair

Coat color: brown and black Tabby with white (can't tell what type/pattern of tabby markings because he is on his back).

Unless you buy a purebred cat with pedigree papers from a breeder, the cat will always be a Domestic (fur length) hair cat. Sometimes you can see hints of specfic beeds in certain cats, but not often, as most cats are just random bred domestics.

Nevertheless, your kitty is very cute!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The side is still not much visible, but I suspect he is a classic tabby - marbled, blotched or bulls-eye are other names for that tabby type.