What breed is dusty(pic included)

homelycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hes around 7 years old and we got him from the pound. I don't think he is a purebred and even if he isn't could you tell me what he might be part of? He is sort of scary looking and thats the expression(besides the open mouth) he carries most of the day

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very few cats have any breed in them. Cats have been breeding freely for the entire history of cats, and only veryvery few have been selectively bred into what we call breeds, even mixes of those breeds are rare. We call cats with no breed "domestic shorthairs/longhairs" He doesn't resemble any breed anyway. He looks like a character!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree with Willowy, although I can perhaps see a possible ancestor. Or rather, him a somewhat look alike. The Norvegian Forest Cat, with its long fur, and triangularish, rather prolonged muzzle.  Also the black and white "tuxedo" pattern is quite common in NFC.

Both you and him were lucky when you got him from the pond.  

(and the staff in the pond were surely pleased they too)

Good luck!

Last edited:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Yep, what the others said.  He really does look like a character! 

He has a lot of white, and with his pale nose, care in the sun is probably advisable.

Welcome to TCS..
We'd love to hear more from you.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
l agree with the others.

He's a very masculine looking fellow. A lot of cats you can't tell by their face if they're male or female, but some are quite pronounced. Your cat looks all boy.

Welcome aboard 

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
His whiskers are relaxed, his eyes squeezed half-shut... I think he looks like a happy cat.