What breed does my cat resemble?

ruire

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay I know it is not likely she is a purebred anything. She was found, alone, 3 months old, wandering the street. Put into a shelter, and I picked her up. ^_^; 

I originally thought she was younger, she was just a bit bigger than the 7 week old kittens. Then I find out she is one month older than them!

She is 2 now, and still quite small, either by breed or she is a runt.

She is all black, pitch black. It is hard to get a good picture of her she is so dark... more light doesn't help either.

The shape of her face is small, like a mix of a russian blue and a main coon.... smaller than main coon but not as narrow as a russian blue. main coon but smaller and not as fluffy? She is plenty fluffy but not so much on her face.

She has small ears, but fluffy.

Her fur is mostly medium but gets quite long on her bottom half, and her tail is super long furred. She has very long guard fur all over. I thought it might be loose fur at first, but it seems to always be there.

Her body is pear shaped, she has a narrow upper torso, but as it gets to her hind legs and belly she gets larger.

Her tail... Is amazingly long. It is as long as her, more so actually.

Everyone comments how gorgeous she is, and how soft and silky her fur is. =3 They ask what breed she is, because they want one just like her! lol It would be nice to give them a breed to point to that is similar. She used to look more common as a kitten, but when she got older she got more... distinctive? 

Her behaviour is she does not like soft things, she hates my bed, but she will perch on top of me. Her favourite spot is on the back of my couch. She is friendly, but she does not come to people. She expects you to come to her. She purrs very very loudly. Her talking sounds like a racoon and her meow is the most sad meow I have ever heard. =[ When you poke her she makes this high pitched myrrr huff sound, like a raccoon. 

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Ruire    View media item 201346
it will upload your chosen pic from your computer.

Welcome to the forum, l'm looking forward to seeing your kitty and learning more about her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ruire

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
lol pics are no good at all, i made vids though, this is one of them from when she was a kitten =]

see how totally BLACK she is? XD

she is 2yo now though =] still very small... her tail is still much longer furr than the rest of her. her normal fur (not the guard fur) is about 2-3 inches depending. her tail... is 6 inches. o_O much longer fur, and it is long, big as her. 

people wanna know what breed she is because they want one like her, but she is a stray, i dunno what kinda breed she would be lol...

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yeah, so her black it is not just black, it is a total absence of any light or color...   :)

Very nicely shaped cat, whatever the "breed", harmoniously build, good movement scheme...

Re people who wants similiar: "black panters" arent that unusual  among moggies, if they want a black cat...   And these has often difficult to get adopted, so it cant be THAT difficult to get a nice, black cat!

Good luck!

Having a decent camera, use a spot meter (light measuring in one spot, on her) or a centrum measuring style.

Having her on the spot/centrum, add more light even two steps (called EV on most cameras),  so she will "get" 4 times as good light as the surroundings.

Hold the camera still, as the risk for shakings increases (or smaller deep in the pic - depending on the settings and camera)

It will be difficult to make photos of movements, as you are depending on the spot measurement, but you will get excellent  portrait photos.

Last edited: