what breed are my cats

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi and welcome!

You have two, domestic short hair cats.  The one with the orange on her is a Calico coloring (I say her because most Calico's and Tortoiseshells are female for genetic reasons).  Your other cat, is black and white and I'd classify him (?) as a Tuxedo pattern, since he has a white bibb area.

They look like they are very bonded to each other, very cute!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

midnightandsis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes the Calico one is a she...and the tuxedo one is also a she. They're actually sisters, does that change anything?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

midnightandsis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
But, I thought that was just how they're described hair wise in general. Like domestic short (long) hair. And not a specific breed like Manx, Siamese, Lynx, ect.? Or is that a breed in its own as well?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
But, I thought that was just how they're described hair wise in general. Like domestic short (long) hair. And not a specific breed like Manx, Siamese, Lynx, ect.? Or is that a breed in its own as well?
Correct, its just descriptions,  The underlying understanding is they are domestic.  Nothing peculiar with it, the great majority of all cats ARE domestics...

Re the coloring and them being sisters.    They have the same color game, black and white both.  But one got also a red gene, but not the other.  Such happens.