What breed are my cats?

micat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have the kittens shown:

I'd like to know more about them. Someone told me the orange that looks like Garfield is a breed cat that cost $500. The white and grey is still a kitten and a female, hasn't fully grown yet or is simply smaller. The orange is a larger cat, I'm not sure if the fact that he is male has to do anything with it. I'm

it's just the breed difference.

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would like to see a pic on the little one from aside, including tail, to see the exact pattern.

She may be very petite - many females are.  But if your hands arent unusually big, she ought also to be a young kitten.   Dont forget to spay her when its proper.

The male ginger tabby is surely a domestic.  As handsome and beautiful as they go.   A real Tom "Thomas O´Malley" , although hopefully neutered.

Last edited by a moderator:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't identify any purebred the orange one might be. . .he looks like a domestic. American Shorthairs usually have rounder faces. Is there any way you can ask his former owner, the one who supposedly paid $500?

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are both beautiful, but I'd say domestic short hairs. I'm not an authority, but I don't know of any special breed that is orange tabby.