What Bread Is My Cat?

ItsCampbell

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is Sweetie. We rescued her when she was only a few weeks old ourselves out of a friends backyard. Sweeties mother was a Calico and her father was an all white cat which was a little bit confusing as to why she turned out like this. She has really BIG ears and a little tuff at the top of her head. She has weird looking stripe/spot design going in all directions that fades away as you get down to her belly almost completely. She is also a fairly small cat. She is shy, loves to cuddle and play, and is as sweet as can be.
View attachment 202675View attachment 202676View attachment 202677
These are all the pictures I have of her.
I found this picture on the internet that looks mainly like her body except there is no orange tint.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm guessing you mean breed not bread, so she would be a domestic short haired or simply a moggy (cat version of "mutt"), unless you know the breed(s) of the parents. You pic links are all dead ends, but if her pattern is the same as the internet one that showed up, her pattern is broken mackerel brown tabby.

(If you did mean bread, hmm... pumpernickel rye? lol ;))

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It seems odd with a tabby out from calico and all white. But all white is very potent gene and may cover other genes and patterns underneath. She is a true stunning beautie in her fashion! Coloring a little unusual for a moggie - thus MAY have some Ancestor grandfather.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She's a very nice silver spotted Domestic Shorthair! This coloring is rare among the randombred population, indicating some possible purebred ancestry. Bengal perhaps with that nice random pattern. Very pretty. :)