What ancestry does my kitten have?

hawkins437

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I rescued a feral kitten from the street recently and I noticed that he looks a bit different from the usual stray domestic cats. Namely his head is shaped slightly rounder and his face a bit flat. My vet believes he may be part Persian in his ancestry (he suffers from the chronic runny, watery eyes and blocked nose commonly found with this breed). Any idea if her hunch could be true? What other breed could he possibly be?

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty cat. Persian is a possibility, although the ear set is wrong. It should be lower on the head and ears smaller and more round. Given that your cat is a mixed pedigree, that could account for the differences. He also doesn't have the 'break' found in the Persian nose. He does have a beautifully round head though.
The following is just my opinion:
As a former breeder, I get frustrated fighting the belief that Persians have sinus problems. I believe it is a misconception. While some may have issues, just like any breed or random bred cat, it isn't fair to lump the entire breed together. I have had Persians since 1990 and the only cat in my home that has sinus problems is a random bred rescue.