We NEED your vibes!!!!!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, darn it. I'm so sorry. Wasn't meant to be I guess, but I sure feel your irritation with someone who doesn't even live locally.

I've never bought a house so don't know how it works, you can't counter bid? contact them and tell them who you are and why you want the house (appeal to their humanitarian side
)?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont think we can do that. Its kind of a hard situation. BF knows the guy who owns the house we wanted to buy and the guy who out bid us. Its a crappy situation all around. The house we are looking at now is owned by an older guy whos wife has cancer and he really only wants to sell it to BF. The house has its benefits compared to the 'perfect' house. The layout of the house itself is a little better while the garage would need some adjustments. And the 'not so perfect' house does have a yard for Franklin. It does bother BF and I that its RIGHT NEXT to the police station and on the side of town we dont like. But if we can manage for 2 yrs to be in 'hiding' we can manage it right down the road from them. Plus we are jerks enough to tell someone to just leave us alone. The major benefit to the not so perfect house is that for 60K we get the garage, house, and storage space and parking space across the street from the house which does leave a lot of money left over in the budget to fix the house and garage up the way we want it. Paying 105K was going to end up having us paying alot more money for the property alone (with no yard) PLUS the other expenses to fix the stuff that was wrong with it. So I guess all in all we really are going to end up going with the better option for us. Im still bummed because I really loved that kitchen in the 'perfect' house it was exactly what I was looking for. BUT the kitchen in the other house is still nice, still more counter space than what I have so Ill make it work no matter what.
I guess things happen for a reason and obviously we werent meant to get the other house and were meant to get this one. Its not a bad house just wasnt 'perfect', but as long as we are all together, cats, dog and humans it will be perfect! :eek:)