Wanted:❓ Master Kitty Identifier ❓

Nikumi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The question we’ve all gone through with one another... What kind of cat do I have?
Some background knowledge: My friend adopted her from a shelter as a kitten. The mom was present at the time of the adoption, she was a russian blue (or so the shelter assistants thought). She is now in my possession and just became two. Now my question is, what is the other breed/s shes mixed with?
I know everyone will probably end up saying calico/tortie but i was told that was just a color variation and not an actual breed of it’s own. If anybody could help that’d be great! Thanks in advance!
PS: i received her as a chubby nugget, im working on it! 5BA12980-EB91-44D5-BBB2-98FC2AE22882.jpeg 2887F412-243F-48A2-A514-8019899698E9.jpeg FD6F84E2-1380-400C-B9AB-51D3D130FBBA.jpeg

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Without a pedigree she is considered a Domestic Shorthair. She a beautiful kitty, but I don't see anything in her that is unique to any specific breed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nikumi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Without a pedigree she is considered a Domestic Shorthair. She a beautiful kitty, but I don't see anything in her that is unique to any specific breed.
I figured as much, just wanted to get a second opinion on it haha! She's my first ever kitty and my household has always been more dog oriented so I'm not familiar with all the different breeds among cats as I am with dogs. Thanks for your input!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with Goldycat. Your cat is a beautiful Domestic Shorthair, in the dilute calico pattern. I say calico instead of tortie for her coloring, because she has larger red and black splotches than a tortie, who is more mottled throughout.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nikumi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I agree with Goldycat. Your cat is a beautiful Domestic Shorthair, in the dilute calico pattern. I say calico instead of tortie for her coloring, because she has larger red and black splotches than a tortie, who is more mottled throughout.
Ah I see, you learn something new everyday haha thank you!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree. The chance is good the momma was too a diluted tortie. If she had just a little creme spots we would get a blue cat with green eyes. Tortie green not rb green...