want to know what my new kitten's breed is!

gabriella92

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello to everyone!! I just got a brand new kitten and I was told she was a calico.. however when I looked up what a calico cat was on google she looks nothing like it! Any help would be appreciated :) thanks to all of you!

This is her with Boo, my 7 month old male tabby :)

[ATTACHMENT=466][ATTACHMENT=467]image.jpg (2,707k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT][/ATTACHMENT]

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Nay, no calico.  brown tabby, I think.

calico is tortoiseshell and white.   the breast on him is whitish, but comparing with your resident, it is not pure white as on your resident who is tabby and white, just lighter.   there are some streaks of red on his brow. This is probably why they thought he was tortoiseshell.

But this is sooner a so called rufism, giving a reddish appearance at places...

so, brown tabby. (with some traces of rufism)   (I wont swear on the exact color nuance, my monitor is so so).

The type is, a somwhat look alike of Maine  Coon.   almost sure no MCO for real, there are a lot of look alikes out there, as Maine Coon is a natural breed,  purebred from the natural population of cats livning in North East USA.   and this natural population is of course, still living there, being a big part of the cat population of USA´s cats in these areas - and has also spread somewhat around.

Good luck!