Vet visit for Chip

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, Chip peed in yet another box last night... i've been home for the last three nights, plus all day monday, so it's not lonesomeness. haven't heard from the vet about the urinalysis - they said they'd call with results. if i haven't heard by tonight, i think i'll call tomorrow.
Feliway is on order, should be here soon... i thought i had some replacements in a cabinet, but i can't find them if i do, & the current diffusers are pretty much done for.
i still think it's a UTI, but the vet was so certain it wasn't that i'm hesitant to start treating it. [i have some clavamox in the fridge left over from when Pixel had one]

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
ok, just got off the phone with the vet. Chip had a few white blood cells & a few epithelials in his urine, & calcium oxalate crystals
she said he had a 1 on a scale of 1-4, 4 being the worst, so it's not too bad. doesn't have a UTI, but may have just gotten over a minor one. his urine is too acidic, & they want him on a U/D food for a month, then to retest. unfortunately, the U/D food for oxalate crystals is Purina
i'm thinking once they're gone, tho, maybe there's some kind of additive i can use on their regular wet food to akalinize his urine & prevent the crystals in the future. anyone know of one?

ETA: found a website that said brewer's yeast would akalinize the urine...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor chip give him a hug for me....

I know it isnt a Uti but when did you last scrub the boxes?? Wheneve kandie has issues I give a fresh box( obviuosly with automatic s you clean not give a fresh)

You know how to reach me

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Poor chip give him a hug for me....

I know it isnt a Uti but when did you last scrub the boxes?? Wheneve kandie has issues I give a fresh box( obviuosly with automatic s you clean not give a fresh)

You know how to reach me
i don't think i've ever cleaned them... i'm a bad meowmy