Very Unique Markings- What Is She

Suzy575

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This cat was a stray from animal services and we were told she was a chocolate point siamese, but the only brown is her 'tiara', the rest os here is the white and cream patches you see on her face.
I'm thinking shes some kind of flame point, but I couldn't find any references to flame points having brown markings.

This is for currosity only as I have never seen a cat with her kinds of markings, as part of a rescue its usually tabbies and tuxedos. And imput would be awesome. View media item 419188View media item 419187

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Does she have markings on her tail? If so, then she would be called a tortie van Domestic Mediumhair, otherwise she would be a tortie and white Domestic Mediumhair. Her markings are very unique for sure!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Suzy575

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does she have markings on her tail? If so, then she would be called a tortie van Domestic Mediumhair, otherwise she would be a tortie and white Domestic Mediumhair. Her markings are very unique for sure!

Her tail has cream and white splotches as does her body -similar to the markings on her face. not defined stripes like a tabby but more 'loose strip like patterns' if that makes sense. No brown on her body though. the only brown is the head marking

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Her tail has cream and white splotches as does her body -similar to the markings on her face. not defined stripes like a tabby but more 'loose strip like patterns' if that makes sense. No brown on her body though. the only brown is the head marking
Then she would be a torbie (tabby tortie) and white bicolor. For the van markings, cats can only have markings on their head (by the ears), tail, and *sometimes* a thumb-print sized spot by their shoulders.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Suzy575

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I looked up pics of Van Muted Tortoiseshell cats, and some look very similar to her.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
Shes pregnant too so I'll be interested to see what colours of babies she has in a few weeks. I can't believe someone just dumped her on the street.

Edit- just saw you're comment about 'white bicolour torbie' and found pics of ones that look exactly like her. :) Thanks again for the input. Her colouration was really stumping me

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She seems to have blue eyes? I wonder if she isnt a point after all, where the white hides the masque on her face. The coloration is a tortie with white as said, probably also tabby....

Blue eyes arent that common in general cat population, while they are the rule with pointed cats.

Also, many torties has green eyes. Why I dont know, but many of them has green eyes.

Could we get more pics? From aside, of the whole body including tail and ears...