Very Pregnant Cat Question :)

nikkid

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello there....my cat Piper is VERY pregnant. I took her to the vet on 3/4/21 and they did an ultrasound and estimated that she was maybe 45 days. I totally know that was an estimate but she still has not gone into labor. She is not acting sick or like anything is wrong, she is getting bigger and bigger. She eats a ton and sleeps a ton. I cannot see movement but she is a smaller cat. Any tips or things I should check as this is my first time with a pregnant cat. Thank you all in advance :):D

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sounds like they slightly overestimated the dates. She is likely in or very near her last week of pregnancy, perhaps anytime now or just days away. Look for signs of discomfort - frequently moving from place to place. Also look for discharge from her vulva; possibly a green or yellow mucus plug. Once labor starts you’ll see her sides tighten and release. It looks like waves down her sides. First stage lasts about 24 hours before pushing begins. Read up in our articles section at the top of this forum and keep us posted! 😊

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nikkid

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sounds like they slightly overestimated the dates. She is likely in or very near her last week of pregnancy, perhaps anytime now or just days away. Look for signs of discomfort - frequently moving from place to place. Also look for discharge from her vulva; possibly a green or yellow mucus plug. Once labor starts you’ll see her sides tighten and release. It looks like waves down her sides. First stage lasts about 24 hours before pushing begins. Read up in our articles section at the top of this forum and keep us posted! 😊
Thank you that is what i am thinking too. Just wanted to make sure me not being able to see movement is a big deal

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nikkid

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you that is what i am thinking too. Just wanted to make sure me not being able to see movement is a big deal