Very Loud, Deep Meow. Almost a howl...

stormythecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 20 year old Chartruse is doing exactly that[emoji]128572[/emoji] . Sure, a 20-year-old kitty is an amazing thing in itself. She walks a little slower and has fattened up considerably in the last few months. Her whole life she has been indoors, except for some porch time. Lately she has been howling as you describe. I started a new job and am not home as much, so it may be loneliness?

rachbu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 20 year old Chartruse is doing exactly that[emoji]128572[/emoji] . Sure, a 20-year-old kitty is an amazing thing in itself. She walks a little slower and has fattened up considerably in the last few months. Her whole life she has been indoors, except for some porch time. Lately she has been howling as you describe. I started a new job and am not home as much, so it may be loneliness?
Have you had her thyroid levels checked?  My 17-year-old did that, and it was a symptom of hyperthyroid.  I thought she was just senile :(

Janjanbobaney

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a male cat. 8 years old. neutered. slightly overweight. Sometimes he makes very loud and deep meow noises, it's almost like a howl. It can only be described as 'aaauuUU' with a very heavily accented 'U'. He's had kidney stones before but he doesn't seem to be in pain. He only does it out of sight and stops right away if you catch him doing it. Other than that he's fine and very charismatic. Sound familiar to anyone?