Vaccinations...

Sandy Beach

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I created another thread because the other one was too long and I wanted to avoid confusion.
Moon was vaccinated for rabies when she spayed Monday (spay & neiter clinic does it for free if they have no proof of vaccinations)
All the rest of her vaccinations have already been paid in advance at my regular vet. However we had postponed vaccinations with her until she was completely healed from the abscess. I wanted to take her in last week to get her started on the Eclipse and FeLV but my vet said not to do it because she would be vaccinated for rabies the following week. They said we need to wait two weeks before giving any other vaccinations, otherwise the body would not be able to recognize all the different vaccinations in such a short time. I’m obviously going to listen to my vet about this, I’m just curious as to what others know about this information. Thanks!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most cat's (and human's) bodies are able to handle many different antigens at once. But it does put a bit of a strain on the immune system. So if it's possible to spread the vaccines out, it's a nice thing to do. If it's not possible, it's not worth worrying about.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my cats could not handle all the vaccines at once so it was spread out.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sandy Beach Sandy Beach , I've been reading up on all your threads regarding Moon -- wow! she has been through the ringer the last few months just getting so much better under your care!
:cheerleader:
:worship: :worship: :goldstar:

I guess if it were me, I would just stick to what my vet was instructing, since for two months, that vet might should Moon's capabilities and risks best.

Moefling

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our vet didn't have a problem with giving multiple vaccines but 2 of our kittens got 3 (distemper, rabies, and leukimia) in one day but the other 3 kittens they suggested waiting on the leukemia and they just got the 2 in one day. I think it just depends on who you ask.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sandy Beach

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws it has been quite the roller coaster with her. There is so much I haven’t posted. Ugh. It has been quite the learning experience and I just hope we are doing everything right by her in the process. She’s had so many setbacks along the way but she also has such a strong personality. I want nothing more than to see her emerge from all of this to a transformed, healthy cat. And to think, I had no desire to add another cat to our home before I unsuspectedly came across her. The sick and hurt ones get me every time.