using the toilet

meiam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i would like some suggestions, paco is very smart and has issues about going poo,(good issues) he will not poo on the floor at all, and is afreak about his poo being completely covered, i thought i would teach him to use the toilet...do any of you have cats that use the toilet and which method is best for teaching them?

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Opie pees in the toilet but, I didn't train him. He just started doing it, on his own.

save_adopt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
lucky lucky^^^^

for toilet training your cat i fould this book very helpful http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books
a quick summery >
step 1- move litter box next to toilet
(let cat get used to this stage for a few weeks)
step 2- place litter box on a phonebook, then 2, then 3, until at seat leval
(ditto)
step 3- move box on top of toliet
(ditto)
step 4- slighly confusing, take a tin cooking tray fill it with liter and tape in place under the seat of the toilet keeping the lid open.
(ditto)
step 5- put holes in the pan, then bigger one, then bigger, then until it is a big hole and that cat willl learn to balance on the seat. finaly remove tin tray

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you asked. My cats are learning right now. I bought a book, called "How to toilet train your cat". It has to do with a 21 day process. Take everything slowly.

Is your kitty completly litter trained? He needs to be inorder to toilet train.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meiam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ilovecats

Glad you asked. My cats are learning right now. I bought a book, called "How to toilet train your cat". It has to do with a 21 day process. Take everything slowly.

Is your kitty completly litter trained? He needs to be inorder to toilet train.
yes, he is, in fact if you leave him in a room overnight or something without a litter box he refuses to g oto the bathroom on the floor, he'll hold it and then run to the box as soon as you let him out