URL's

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've asked before but have forgotten the answer and accidently deleted the replies.

Question: How do you make a url by using just one word? Then by clicking on that one word your link appears?

Hope any/everyone knows what I'm talking about!

Thanks in advance!

talon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On the top of the Enhanced thread there is a little globe with a staple looking thingy on it. Click on it, it will ask you for phrase - type the one word that you want us to see - and then the next popup box will ask your for the URL.

Hope this helps

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Talon

On the top of the Enhanced thread there is a little globe with a staple looking thingy on it. Click on it, it will ask you for phrase - type the one word that you want us to see - and then the next popup box will ask your for the URL.

Hope this helps
What Enhanced thread are you speaking about? What I mean is to make one anywhere not just on TCS. Ya know how some of you have the word "here" and you click on it and see some other link or whatever? Do you know what I mean?

Sorry but this don't help cause I still don't understand now what an Enhanced Thread is.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope I am answering your question..when you go to write a new thread, or a reply, across the top of this message box, you see B I U left center or right symbol for your text, bullet options, then a yellow box (with what looks like mountains and a black sun in the sky..well to me anyway!)that if you put your cursor over it says "insert image" and next to it a blue globe with what looks like a pair of glasses
- if you put your cursor over that it says "insert hyperlink"

When I want to give a link to an article I click on that symbol to insert hyperlink and it gives me a script prompt...I type in the text for the link and next it asks for the url - http etc. In this case, I routed us all to thecatsite's front page

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

Hope I am answering your question..when you go to write a new thread, or a reply, across the top of this message box, you see B I U left center or right symbol for your text, bullet options, then a yellow box (with what looks like mountains and a black sun in the sky..well to me anyway!)that if you put your cursor over it says "insert image" and next to it a blue globe with what looks like a pair of glasses
- if you put your cursor over that it says "insert hyperlink"

When I want to give a link to an article I click on that symbol to insert hyperlink and it gives me a script prompt...I type in the text for the link and next it asks for the url - http etc. In this case, I routed us all to thecatsite's front page
Ok, thanks, that's good, but..............................how would I type out the whole thing myself if I weren't on TCS?

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depends on what site you are on, and what code is being used.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sorry, I thought you meant links to outside tcs within a tcs message

ash_bct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some sites will not use [ ] [/], instead it will be < > </ > so just keep that in mind at other sites

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by golffox

have you been to the preserve? i've been meaning to get there....
We went there 2 weeks ago, it was a cloudy day so we thought it'd be better for the wolves, not having the sun on them, thinking they'd be more active.

After we paid and headed toward the Shuttle Bus the rain caming pouring down.
So we turned around, got our money back, and left.

We're planning to go this Friday. Hope the weather is on our side this time!