Urine issues/spraying!?

Rmo25

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My male cat has been to the vet many times this year it started off with upper respiratory infection and such. Due to Covid it’s hard to get into the same vet so he has been to a few however I’m trying to stick with two right now. I ended up having to take him during this time to the local animal care shelter Covid clinic and the vet there was so rough and rude to my boy. She rough handled him so much that it totally stressed him out... basically traumatized him. A week later he got a urinary block. He is better with that now. We are gonna start tapering off Prazosin and Prednisolone... He is on wet hills c/d and royal canin mixed because he is picky. He is eight years old and has never sprayed. Until about three weeks ago he started doing this shaking thing in the litter box where he would stick his butt up and spray pee like a water fountain. Sometimes he’ll sit and pee in the litter box and other times he will sit and then his butt will raise, his tail shakes/quivers and he will spray his pee... when he does this he doesn’t vocalize hardly at all... Has anyone ever had this happen with their cat? I have three cats and four litter boxes and have never had this issue til now. I have bought him a bunch of new beds and toys but he doesn’t seem interested in them... I also have cat nip. Hes indifferent to feliway. He was at the vet 10 days ago and his blood and urine were fine according to the vet.Any advice? I want my boy back! The other two cats I have are females one is his sister the other is his mom. Another thing that might be helpful is that he is no longer free fed and a month ago I started feeding 2-3x a day wet to all 3 cats. He likes to wake me up early in the morning and beg for food.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!!

Is your boy neutered? Are the girls spayed? I've noticed my Poppycat --who is neutered, will spray at times like you're describing when he's trying particularly hard to mark his territory during his supervised time in the backyard, after another cat has wandered through.

Whether you're in a house or an apartment, it's possible that your cat is detecting another cat somewhere in his vicinity. Try putting his litterbox inside a big storage tub, like this;
(click on the link, it will take you to a specific post with photos)
I Have More Trust Issues Than This Feral..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rmo25

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. Sorry I forgot to mention that yes All have been fixed... Him and his sister got fixed at three months and his mom got fixed around the same time. I live in a apartment. The bathroom isn’t that big at all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rmo25

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!!

Is your boy neutered? Are the girls spayed? I've noticed my Poppycat --who is neutered, will spray at times like you're describing when he's trying particularly hard to mark his territory during his supervised time in the backyard, after another cat has wandered through.

Whether you're in a house or an apartment, it's possible that your cat is detecting another cat somewhere in his vicinity. Try putting his litterbox inside a big storage tub, like this;
(click on the link, it will take you to a specific post with photos)
I Have More Trust Issues Than This Feral..
Hello. Sorry I forgot to mention that yes All have been fixed... Him and his sister got fixed at three months and his mom got fixed around the same time. I live in a apartment. The bathroom isn’t that big at all.