Uri :(

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup...the kittens have it. Darn vet didnt belive me when i called last week and said one of the kitties had the sniiffles...well poor Halens eyes were glued shut this morning. So hes getting some Clavamox, now all the other little ones are starting with the sneezy sniffles, I have a call into the vet to call me in the morning. to see if i can get my order for the little ones too...

anything i can do in the mean time to make them more comfy?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much! That is helpfull! I have lots of cotton gauze around! she did precribe some eye ointment for Halen too. Poor little guy. He was such a trooper though! sat on my lap the whole time and purred. and hes pretty much been doing that all night while I am working, I am going to get that gauze right now!

I have been useing the eye wipes i have for the persian girls to help with the crusties.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good tip on the Baytril thats just what my vet said about the growth stunting! I think I will talk to her about it anyways some more in the morning.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks..I dont envy be either.. Halen is the worst off, LOL but hes also the sweetest about it. I got the bedroom all ready for them per your post
gonna be warm in their for me tonight, oh well. as long as they are better off. they havent eaten much dry food but i knew that would happen so been putting wet down every few hours for them.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It has just been my experience that the Clav doesn't work or if it does, you have to keep them on it for EVER - or you'll have one or two kittens that do respond to it only to be reinfected by the ones that don't. URI's can present a vicious cycle when you have multiples of cats.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

It has just been my experience that the Clav doesn't work or if it does, you have to keep them on it for EVER - or you'll have one or two kittens that do respond to it only to be reinfected by the ones that don't. URI's can present a vicious cycle when you have multiples of cats.
Amen to that! I have always had it in "runs" when one gets it they all do and than it goes away. I havent had any for about a year now so I guess I am due. I am pretty darn diligent with them. I keep everyone who has one in a room, and disinfect everything outside the room. once everyones better out we go and we disinect the "sick room" and anything used in it. I even change my clothing back and forth. Sounds obessive but it works, I got in the habit when dealing with strangles in the horse barn.