URGENT Pregnant cat needs foster immediately ( about to give birth)

Papaya Maya

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone!

I have a sweet four year old pregnant mama that needs a home immediately. She seems pretty far along and from her behavior it seems she will give birth pretty soon. She was given to me and I would love to keep her but unfortunately I found that I am terribly allergic to cats and I have two dogs that have already displayed some aggressive behavior towards her. She's such a sweet cat and I'm sure anyone would love her. She is located in Cherry Hill, NJ (south jersey) area. If someone could point me in the right direction or share some fosters that are open to taking her in, please let me know. Thanks so much!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hey everyone!

I have a sweet four year old pregnant mama that needs a home immediately. She seems pretty far along and from her behavior it seems she will give birth pretty soon. She was given to me and I would love to keep her but unfortunately I found that I am terribly allergic to cats and I have two dogs that have already displayed some aggressive behavior towards her. She's such a sweet cat and I'm sure anyone would love her. She is located in Cherry Hill, NJ (south jersey) area. If someone could point me in the right direction or share some fosters that are open to taking her in, please let me know. Thanks so much!
Do you have any shelter nearby? Preferably a non kill shelter, because, if they dont have fosters lined up, there is a risk they will pts.

Also, if enough desperate, surrending to a vet may be a way out. Of course, the same risk there, but most vet try to save healhy surrenders.

And of course, best you phone around to your neigbours, friends, relatives... Almost anybody whom you think is decent and friendly...

Taking fostering a high preg is often easier than taking a shy semiferale foster.... Because the mama will try too cooperate to help out her children...
Im saying this so YOU can refer to my words if somebody is willing but feels unsecure....
Tell the foster they can be member of our site, and get our help with advices...

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Are you a member of nextdoor.com ? If not, join as it connects you to others in your immediate area who might be able to help. You can also expand the neighborhoods you want to join if you think that would be helpful.

Google rescues for the area that you have specified. This may take a certain amount of legwork, so be persistent in the number that you are willing to call.

Fosters are normally connected with rescues; it is less likely that you will come across an ad that says "we foster cats" as usually the rescue supplies what is needed to the foster. Some humane societies have fosters.

Camden Companions Animal Rescue
Find a Shelter or Rescue Near You - AdoptaPet.com
Cherry Hill, NJ Animal Shelters & Rescues | Chewy.com
Randall's Rescue - Adoptable Cats & Dogs - South Jersey Animal Rescue
Welcome

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Papaya Maya

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey! Thanks so much for your help!

I've signed up for Nextdoor and am awaiting some responses. Unfortunately, the list of local shelters I've called are either at capacity and/or they would ultimately kill the kittens.

I'll be sure to continue reaching out to local shelters and fosters with the hope that someone will be able to take her in. Thanks again for your help!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
It is not just where you are; shelters are at capacity. Out here, cats are stacked in cages in the hallways in some shelters and most won't even take a cat. Keep working Nextdoor or any social media which is local to your area.