Update on FCK(flat chested kitten)

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been trying to figure this out for ages now. Jack's paws sometimes shake (and not neccessarily after he's been walking in the wet bathtub), like when he's lounging around or even walking and all of a sudden a paw/leg just shakes. I've mentioned it to previous vets but none of them ever seem concerned. JoJo does it every so often, but not as often as Jack. I just wonder what it is. The vets never see it, they just go on my description.

A question about FCK: the indentation in the spine between the shoulders... I'm kinda wondering now if Jack wasn't an FCK kitten. What would it seem to be like? on Jack, it's like his 'shoulder blades' stick up further than his spine. If he was one, that might explain a lot about him now. Do they tend to have continued health problems into adulthood? I adopted him at 7 months from a rescue home that had him less than two weeks.

Also a couple comments: SolarityBengal's silver baby, is an absolute DOLL! Her expressions in those pics remind me of Jack... like when he gets all up in my face. So cute. She's a real knockout.

Pepperjack, Good luck with Bear. He sounds like a sweetheart.

Amanda

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! We often say she has a worried look, like she just did something wrong adn kenw it. The other day she decided to jump onto the bird feeder we have suctioned to the window. I don't know how she got that idea. Silly girl went flying into the window thinking she could land on the feeder. The things they do.... :p What a character.

It would be hard to diagnose FCK in retrospect but it could be very possible. The dip in my girls shoulders is not that prominant and she has to be sitting a certain way to be able to see it sometimes... There is also the opposite problem called Tunnel-Chested which is when they are squished the other way.