Update on Daughter's Drama (sorry, long)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Your and your husband are really being run through the gauntlet with your daughter. You're doing all you can and you doing all the right things. I hope that, someday, she wises up and realizes that you've loved her all along.

And I agree with 3CatsN1Dog; don't feel bad if your words are angry. You are angry and you are hurt.

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

Thank you everyone. I can't for the life of me figure out why this hurts so much----again.
Of COURSE this hurts! She is your daughter - you gave birth to her (I assume), you loved her and nurtured her and have memories of her. Nothing sounds more painful than what you are now going through.

Only advice I have is: keep on writing those thoughts down - good, bad, or ugly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by threecatowner

Of COURSE this hurts! She is your daughter - you gave birth to her (I assume), you loved her and nurtured her and have memories of her. Nothing sounds more painful than what you are now going through.

Only advice I have is: keep on writing those thoughts down - good, bad, or ugly.
Actually, we adopted her from Bulgaria when she was 4 1/2 y.o.; she's not the child of my body but of my heart.

DH & I had what we thought was an interesting almost encounter with her trashy bully of a bf yesterday. We pulled into McDonald's drive-thru just as he came driving in from the other direction (on her scooter). I watched him in the rear view mirror as he took maybe 3 steps towards the building, apparently spotted our car, and stopped dead in his tracks. He literally stood there, not moving, until we drove around the other side of the building. To get inside, he would have had to pass with 20 feet of us. As we drove off, I turned to DH and said, "What a chicken----." I'm pretty sure you can fill in the blank. Did he think we were going to have a brawl with him in the parking lot? An acknowledgement of our presence would have shown a bit of courage on his part. To me, he acted like a scared rabbit and showed us a complete lack of character.