Update...kitten with lice I posted about awhile ago

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just wondering how long after applying frontline plus will the lice be killed? I just applied it yesterday evening. I suspect the lice will go away fairly quickley but the nits are still all stuck to her fur (those are the empty egg cases that are very very hard to get off)

Just curious, this is my first kitty with lice!

mermaid

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow, I can't say I've ever seen a case of lice in cats, but it apparently happens. Frontline should take care of it in a few days. You may see lice there, but they're either dead or on their way out. Be sure to reapply the Frontline in 4 weeks to clean up whatever eggs have hatched after treatment.

Good luck.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmm, I will have to give a dose of frontline to her new home, I was hoping for her to be gone in the next week or so

noludoru

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I saw your post on Chaz, Jen.. good luck with the poor baby.
The only thing I can think of for lice is the stuff we put on ourselves, but it's basically pesticide.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh the frontline will do it, I am just wondering how long before they are gone. I have other kitties that she would benefit being in with since they are the same age. She is lonely. Plus I need the cage she is in