Update from Gemma

lmsmith

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Meow and hello all. I just wanted to say that I feel lucky to have a new home for almost a year now. You see, I used to live in the apartment above, but I didn't like because my humans weren't nice to me. They would yell a lot and I would have to hide under the bed. So, I decided that I would escape outside every chance I could get. One night I went to my current mom's patio and cried and cried until she let me in. I hadn't been petted much so I just took all the attention she and her roommate gave me. I was skinny back then so they tried to feed me tunafish but I wanted nothing to do with it. I only wanted to be petted and held.

Then one day soon after U was horrified because I was taken back to my owners. She couldn't have possibly known how bad it was there for me because she wouldn't have taken me back if she knew. So, I escaped again and went back to her patio and she took me back in. But to my dismay, she brought me back! This happened a few times until my new owner realized they didn't even want me. She knew because she would call them and tell them I was back but they wouldn't come to get me for a long time. When the little girl came for me, I would run under the bed.

Finally one day I heard a conversation between my old humans and my new one. My new one asked the old one if she could keep me! I was so happy! I've been with her ever since and she's never done anything to make me want another new home.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Gosh, how did this sweet story slip through the cracks for so long?  
   Good for you, Gemma, seeking out help. 
   I'm sorry you were mistreated but so happy for you that you are now in such a good home.  And, you are a very, very beautiful girl! 

swamplady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry I have not seen this before. What an awesome story. Great job !!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lmsmith

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Awe, thanks folks for the nice comments and praise! I'm hanging out on my mom's chest now purring away.