Unvaccinated Queen

BrutalYouth

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So recently we've been feeding a stray cat who turns out to be pregnant. We plan on taking her to the vet this coming Monday but I know they can't vaccinate pregnant cats so what does that mean for the kittens? We haven't let her inside yet because we have 1 dog (who loves cats) and 2 cats (who don't get along too well). Also I've tried introducing them through our screen door but they just hiss and yowl. All our animals are female and spayed if that matters.

I don't have the first clue about caring for a pregnant cat or how much it would even cost to care for the kittens once born. My mother insists that we care for her, I've tried changing her mind but she is adamant. I figured this would be a good place for tips.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She needs to be de-wormed by the vet, and you are correct - no vaccines.

Mom kitty needs to be inside in a room where the other cats do not go. She and her kittens will need safety and privacy. Mom will need her food, water, and litter in this room as well.

At present, mom needs unlimited kitten chow and wet food to support the pregnancy.

She can be vaccinated when she is spayed when the kittens are 8 weeks old. Kittens begin their vaccines at 8 weeks too.

Can you post a picture of mom?

Thanks for caring for her! :)