Ugh! I'm such a piggy!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took a package of bacon out of the freezer on Thursday, planning on using it as "lardons" (small pieces to put into recipes to flavour the dish.  Today I woke up late, and looked in the fridge to see what I could make for "brunch". I figured some eggs. I don't have any bread in the house, so I was thinking
  why not a full breakfast with eggs, fried potatoes and some bacon!

I cook bacon on a cookie sheet in the oven, so I laid out the bacon in rows. The next thing I know I had laid out the entire package on the sheet.  I figure I'd just make some bacon bits instead of using it raw for "lardons".

Well shame on me!  Instead of making the eggs and potatoes, I found myself nibbling on the bacon. The next thing I know I had eaten 14 slices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
The whole package! 
   But it was sooooo good!

I don't even want to think about the calories, fat grams, or salt! Probably a lifetime supply! 

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who has ever done this?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Some days you just have to splurge! Don't feel bad - I had about 10 mini candy bars today, and I don't even like candy.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
   One day your body will recover!    
    That is pretty good going, I'm sure I've done similar but not sure I managed a whole packet.  There again, I used to buy packs of ready coooked crispy bacon for salads and think I might have managed one of them once, just a little savoury snack of an evening, you know how it goes.......