Two Wild Rabbits

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I got up this morning and looked out the bedroom window there were two full grown wild rabbits eating the back lawn. Understand that "lawn" is a greensward composed of grass, clover, violets, and various other unnmaed greenstuff. A salad for rabbits.

They would eat, then dash towards each other, jump in the air - that is called pronking, I think - then back to eating, dashing, jumping.

Charming to watch.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That happened to me a while back! Next thing I knew I was dealing with a mother rabbit who used a quiet, fairly secluded area of my yard to stash her babies! The rest of the time was pretty 'traumatizing' tbh as I had to carefully watch for where they were and stay away as best I could.

I knew nothing about rabbits at the time, and I feared that I somehow spooked her away from her babies, as I saw her very little after I realized where the babies were. I had no idea that once the babies are born, mama 'stashes' them somewhere and only comes back once or twice a day to feed them for a mere minute or two. She stays away to help protect the babies from predators that could be 'watching' her.

If that happens to you, at least you will know a little bit about what to expect - if you didn't already know!