Feedback Two Helpful Things About Old Format

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This isn't really an "issue" but two things I found helpful in the old format were:

• For each post/message, there would an indication whether the message was (for example), "#2 of 11" messages. I see that in the new format, the messages are just numbered, "#2" with no overall context of how many messages were in the total thread. Is this something that can be added to the new site, showing each comment or message as one of a the larger amount of messages in a thread (so that you know how many messages are in a thread, and know how many you have left to read at a given moment in time)?
  • There was a script in the old site that would have an alert show up at the bottom of the page when a "New Message" had been posted to the thread. This was very helpful. (Maybe I am just not yet used to trying to look for "Alerts"?) But I wonder if this kind of script could be worked into the new forum? I'm fine w/ things if the answer is No :cool: - just thought I'd ask!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm tagging @anne for her to add to the "wish list".

Down the road, things can be customized. To be honest I don't know what exactly can and can't be. I know once we are a bit more settled in, all the old smilies will be added in and a few new ones and then depending on how we settle in, some of the old features that we miss may be brought back. It doesn't hurt to ask and at this point I don't think it's a "no", it's a "not now".