Twin cats?

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I looked outside and saw one of the usual cats, but when I turned around, I had to take a 2nd look! There was a cat next to it, and I could swear it was it's twin. They were identical in every way, except one of the cat's white locket was a bit larger, but not by much, other than that they looked identical.

Could they be twins?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
definitely! I had a set of twin Abyssinians a couple years ago, had to put collars on them to tell them apart!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

definitely! I had a set of twin Abyssinians a couple years ago, had to put collars on them to tell them apart!
Most people can't tell the differences in a litter of same colored Abys anyway!
In the end, it's the purrsonalities that set them apart! I only have problems when my babies are first born and less then a week later, no matter how much they look alike, you can tell the difference!

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 1 set of twins. Max and Jasmine.....Max is just alot bigger.
Bear has a twin sister out there somewhere in another home too.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
In Lexus and Tonka's June 7th litter, there were two kittens who shared a placenta ... a Seal Point male and a Seal Point female. With the exception of size and gender, they are identical in every other way.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

Most people can't tell the differences in a litter of same colored Abys anyway!
In the end, it's the purrsonalities that set them apart! I only have problems when my babies are first born and less then a week later, no matter how much they look alike, you can tell the difference!
yeah, it took me about a week to learn how to tell them apart, but until then I had to get the collars cause I was calling them be each other's names all the time!!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think they can have twins. I had a litter of blueheeler puppies that had a couple of sets of twins.

emgann

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Someone had said they wanted to see a picture of cat twins. Just 25 minutes old now here are my cats first 2 kittens born sharing the same placenta (which the mom is eating in this picture) each with their own umbilical cord going to the same after birth!!!!!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hi and welcome to TCS!

congratulations on the birth of cat twins! are there only two kittens, the twins, in your momma cat's litter? i'm sure they'll grow up to be lovely and special cats!