Turkish Angoria-ish with Van Markings???

crickett616

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all. I have two kittens that i have hand raised to 13 weeks. Im wondering now if they are possibly Angora Mixes (although Jack has Van Markings i know the chances of a Van mix are exceeding rare). We know a little of the parents. Mother was a stray with long hair, foofy tail and black markings. Dad is a cat we know as Growler ( at my hubby's work). He is a long hair ( large bodied) cat, with brown and white markings (tabby brown markings on the insides of his legs).

His kids markings consist of:
Jack: Long hair, Black and white Van markings on his head and tail. one spot on the back of his neck. Amber eyes. foofy tail.
Sally: Med Length hair, white and grey mackerel tabby markings.Foofy tail.Amber eyes.

Pics:
Jack

Sally

I know without papers they are considered DLH and DMH but id love to know what you guys think!
Now mind you their heritage has no bearing on how much they mean to me (they are my babies..as close to me as anyones own child).
Thanks!

Last edited:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
While Turkish Van is a breed, the term Van is used to describe a certain coat pattern in bi-color cats. So, yes, looks like Jack may be a van (hard to tell from this picture alone). Sally seems to be a bi-color tabby and white. They're both absolutely beautiful!

You can read more about cat coat colors here -
http://www.thecatsite.com/a/cat-coat-colors-and-patterns

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Regardless of their makings, they sure do have kissable tummies...
cute as can be. :lovegrin: