Trying to figure out Taco and Chalupa Batman’s breed

ShineUpLink

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We love out babies, had taco since 6 weeks, and we’ve had Lupé since she was 2yrs. Taco and lupé love each other even for how much taco can be a butt as he sees himself as the alpha but we always get asked what breed they are but we’ve never really thought about it, so I’ve decided to do my hunting and just having fun by coming around to some communities, ask, and also see all the cute kitties on the forums! During my hunt I believe both to be a Manx of sorts even thought I thought Lupé was a Brown tabby, but I personally have no knowledge! We never got them from a breeder so we never got any papers so if anyone has some answers to help me and my parents curiosity, it would helps all! Thanks you guys! Happy New Year!

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS. Taco and Lupe are very gorgeous cats!!!

With no pedigree papers, you essentially have domestic short or long haired cats (DSH or DLH). In your case, you seem to have one of each! Based on the pattern, it would seem they are black (which include those with brown colorings as well) mackerel tabby cats.

Happy New Year too!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree. Tabby is a pattern common for both moggies and in many breeds...

Dont having a tail - Manx cats are renown for it, but its a relatively common spontane mutation...

So you CAN see them as tabby patterned Manx cats of sorts, if you wish... Although the money bet is, they are domestics; black mackerel tabby.

Ps. the white on the mouths isnt not a true white spot, but its a very common feature with tabbys...

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ps. A peculiar name; Chalupa Batman... Did you got the cat from some breeder whom has a registered cattery?

Chalupa is a polish / tjeckish word, means a farm house; I think. A small peasant could live in a Chalupa.
Or you could say a little ironic about your own house or even flat / student room: come to my chalupa! lets party!
That word occurs as a surname. i remember there was a pro ishockey player from Tjeckia, playing in NHL named Chalupa.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ShineUpLink

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So basically Chalupa Batman was my dad’s idea as I believe when we adopted her from Petsmart her origin name was hedgehog but basically my dad really likes the league which is a show and there’s an ironic joke from it that’s Chalupa Batman, as we already had taco, which was another joke from the show so basically our cats are just inside jokes

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
what color are the eyes of that cat in the first pic and is that taco or chalupa? do you know if he was white as a kitten?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
what color are the eyes of that cat in the first pic and is that taco or chalupa? do you know if he was white as a kitten?
Good catch! Taco HAS the looks of a point "siamese-mix" whom darkened up quickly... As she is also a tabby, this may easily happen.
So, if Taco was white / much lighter as kitten, and darkened up, and the eyes are blue / bluish, its confirmed she is a point. Will be called for lynx point, being both tabby and point.

ShineUpLink ShineUpLink

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good catch! Taco HAS the looks of a point "siamese-mix" whom darkened up quickly... As she is also a tabby, this may easily happen.
So, if Taco was white / much lighter as kitten, and darkened up, and the eyes are blue / bluish, its confirmed she is a point. Will be called for lynx point, being both tabby and point.

ShineUpLink ShineUpLink

yeah the first cat reminds me of one of my cats who passed last year. this is a pic of him at his darkest. he was a chronic kidney cat thruout the entire 12 years we had him. (we never knew how old he was for sure. he seemed quite old when he died) sometimes he looked pure dark tabby and at other times cream and pointed. (this pic is in full sunlight.. where he ALWAYS preferred to be so he still looks quite a bit lighter than he did out of sunlight lol
PXL_20220316_183025260.PORTRAIT.jpg
318574921_10226015401545819_7438959181996880784_n.jpg

Last edited: