Transitioning Milestone!

prittiegirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm so excited, my very VERY picky cat has been refusing the kibble to canned transition for the last two weeks. She has been pulling food out of her bowl and not touching a thing that has even come close to the canned... When she did stick her head in the bowl that had canned in with the kibble at the beginning, she promptly threw up all the kibble she had eaten.

Well, today she started eating food that had touched canned... Now how many more weeks/months/years until that canned can be a transition to raw?

Needless to say, I'm not sure who else would be excited about kibble rolled in canned food, so I thought I'd share here!

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, congratulations, prittiegirl!!! How old is your sweetheart? My 10-week babies are eating canned right now and I'm hoping to transition them to raw (see my post on Feline's Pride) while they're still young enough not to resist. (RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!!
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

prittiegirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks!!!

Ziva - queen of picky - is 2. My 2 boys who are 5 months and 1 year transitioned in less than a week!
I am already a big fan of the raw (I feed it to my dog). Very excited for this change! And the poop is less smelly and sticky!

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations, Prittiegirl!

Some cats take to raw right away, while others resist every step of the move - transitioning either type gives a feeling of satisfaction, but it's the transition of the latter that REALLY gives an owner that "well, done!" feeling.

AC

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

prittiegirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We've transitioned Ziva fully to canned now!!!
No kibble in days! I thought she would be one of those cats that took months, so I am delighted. Only problem is with the addition of raw to the canned, it is sometimes coming back up. We did a very small portion of everything tonight and she is holding it all down... I guess she truely requires small meals!

Still very excited and now clapping over the lack of vomit tonight, especially since the youngest, Owl, seems to think that it is his duty to "clean it up"... Yummy!!

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by prittiegirl

We've transitioned Ziva fully to canned now!!!
No kibble in days! I thought she would be one of those cats that took months, so I am delighted. Only problem is with the addition of raw to the canned, it is sometimes coming back up. We did a very small portion of everything tonight and she is holding it all down... I guess she truely requires small meals!

Still very excited and now clapping over the lack of vomit tonight, especially since the youngest, Owl, seems to think that it is his duty to "clean it up"... Yummy!!
Funny, funny.

At the beginning, my Rachel was swallowing beef (which is still her favorite to this day) too fast and would bring it back up; it was always a rush to see who could clean it up first - me or one of her clowdermates.

Yeah, cats are built to eat many small meals a day and their tummies often can't handle going for too many hours unfed without becoming too acidic and vomiting, or eat too much at a single sitting without becoming too full and vomiting. I always feed three times a day; if I didn't work, or worked from home, I'd even make it four.

Congrats again!

AC