Tortie Ragdoll With No Cream Yet?

Ragdollbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
IMG_20171007_120943.jpg I'm curious how long it takes for the cream coloring to show up on a blue cream tortie ragdoll. My little girl is almost six months and still doesn't have any orange/cream on her, whereas her brother (same litter, pictured below) is pure flame point and he has plenty of orange. Do you guys think the white patches on her face will eventually turn cream? I think she's beautiful either way, but I'm just curious :) (Sorry if this wasn't the right place to post this question, but it said I had "insufficient privileges" to post in the other cat breeds section).
IMG_20170928_165941.jpg

KatsPurrrsians

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She appears to be a blue point rather than tortie. However my tortie seal point girl looks pure seal point unless you look at her back left foot. There and only there can you see a little red/cream show through. If your girl has no visible red or cream I’d say she is likely a blue point rather than blue tortie. You can also look at her paw pads. If my memory serves, I believe she’ll have all solid gray paw pads if she’s a blue point. If she is tortie/Blue then she’ll have white patches on her paw pads. But with no visible red or cream at this age I’m pretty sure she’d be considered blue point.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ragdollbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your help! She looks all blue to me too. But I've never seen that mottled white/blue on the face of a blue point, which is why I thought she must be tortie. She does have a bit of cream on her ear, although it might just be her pink skin showing through white fur. Her paw pads are all pink because she's mitted.

In case it helps, her mom was a flame point and her dad a blue point.

Ragdollbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
IMG_20171018_133633.jpg
There's a photo of her ear if that helps!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
So with the mottling with the cream patch on her ear, I think she's probably a dilute tortie point; which just didn't show up on her face. She's really pretty!

Ragdollbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you, abyeb! It sounds like the white splotches on her face probably won't develop into cream then? I guess time will tell for sure :)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She has to be a tortie with parents those colors! And, yeah, you can see it on her ear. I can see it on her face too---around her right eye. Are those the white patches you're talking about? I think they're light cream not white. Some torties have very little red/cream, I guess that's how she is.

Ragdollbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your replies, everyone! I asked the breeder I got the kittens from, and she said that on torties, by 6 months there is usually some yellowing where the cream will appear, but sometimes it can take even longer to show up. I read about one tortie whose cream patches didn't come in until 2 years old! If my girl's white patches ever turn cream, I will update with new photos :)