Topicure

Timjphi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How safe or unsafe is this spray for cats? It is used a lot in the Philippines and India but not in the US.
Active ingredients: pinus longifolia, eucalyptus, cedrus deodora.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I managed to find one website where it says not to use it where a cat can lick it, so depending on WHERE on your cat you need to put this product it may or may not be safe. Did they also give you a cone to put on your cat to keep them from licking?

Here is the website I found:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Timjphi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I managed to find one website where it says not to use it where a cat can lick it, so depending on WHERE on your cat you need to put this product it may or may not be safe. Did they also give you a cone to put on your cat to keep them from licking?

Here is the website I found:
I picked her up at the vet after 1 week, expecting her to be almost healed but she was not in good condition. Vet said he took the E collar off and she started licking her wound so he put it back on. It has been 13 and a half days now and the E collar is still on. The outer layer of her wound is open and red but she acts normal wanting to run and play. I am giving her extra protein after she eats as much of her dry Blue Buffilo wilderness kitten food as she wants. My hope is the extra protein will speed up the healing process. The E collar might have limited her food intake also.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Timjphi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ex
I picked her up at the vet after 1 week, expecting her to be almost healed but she was not in good condition. Vet said he took the E collar off and she started licking her wound so he put it back on. It has been 13 and a half days now and the E collar is still on. The outer layer of her wound is open and red but she acts normal wanting to run and play. I am giving her extra protein after she eats as much of her dry Blue Buffilo wilderness kitten food as she wants. My hope is the extra protein will speed up the healing process. The E collar might have limited her food intake also.
Extra protein will be a sardine or scrambled egg or roasted chicken. Only after she eats some real cat food to make sure she gets everything she needs. I will probably keep using the topicure for another day at least.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is the roasted chicken something you are roasting yourself? Be sure it doesn't have onion or garlic in it, as cats should not have those. Otherwise, the extra protein sounds like a good idea. So is she a kitten? What type of wound is this and what caused it, do you know? Was she also on antibiotics?